Sunday, January 01, 2006

The REAL beginning

I'm reading a book where every chapter is told from the perspective of a different person. You realize quickly that there are different viewpoints, perspectives, and misunderstandings; and that every coin has two sides (or 3 if you count the skinny edge... but that is a cylindrical surface - can you call it a side? And lets not talk about ridged edges on dimes and quarters). I imagine this blog will be much like my book.

So now I will write the truth of how the Grilled Cheese Sandwich was born.

First of all - it wasn't dinnertime. No formal eating going on. Mom asked if I wanted a grilled-cheese sandwich and I politely said, "no thank-you". But she ignored me and made a sandwich anyway. I put the sandwich in a plastic bag saying that I'd save it for later... intending to take it to work for lunch. But this made Mom irate. She came after me, saying "Give me that sandwich!", so I quickly stashed the bagged goodie in the junk drawer before she noticed. Then I ran from her screaming wrath. She caught me and sat on me saying, "Where is the sandwich?!?" I was laughing too hard to respond because she thought I had squashed it in my pocket when she sat on me. Later she found it and decided to play a trick on her innocent son. She stashed it under my pillow where I slept unsuspectingly on it for a few days! So the sandwich was born unwanted, and stashed with the junk for its early childhood. But from such humble beginnings, an immortal being of epic legend was created.
How do you kill a legend? Can it be killed? I think not!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home