Sunday, January 01, 2006

No, no, no....that's not it.

Kip got pretty close to the actual story. Mom...you must have experienced your ordeal with your other family cause I never witnessed anything you were talking about.

It was lunchtime. Tasha and I were sitting in the kitchen wasting time when Mom came in and asked what we wanted for lunch. Upon deciding that we would have grilled cheese sandwiches, she proceeded to ask us how many we all wanted. Tasha took her usual one, and I settled on my usual two. By the time that I was oozing my scrumptious salsa on my first sandwich, Kip came walking in the kitchen. Mom asked Kip how many sandwiches he wanted. He looked at her and said, "none you old bitty." Understandably so, this rubbed Mom the wrong way, so she went ahead and made him a sandwich anyway and put it on a plate for him. I think I left the room in-between the time that Kip found out that she had made a sandwich for him and by the time that he actually bagged it and stashed it in the junk drawer, but I do distinctly remember Mom sitting on Kip. A site like that lives on in the memory of any son or daughter.

I can't count the number of times that the sandwich has been given as a present. In fact that was the method of deliverance that I was most proud of. The question you have to ask is: is it wrong to lie to a bishop?....ok is it wrong to lie to a home teacher?....ok what if it was for a good reason?....Well I did it anyway. Angie and I called Kip and Kristin's ward at a time when we knew they would be at church (How did we get the phone #? Thank you LDS.org) We told our somewhat skewed story to the bishop and asked who Kip Killpack's hometeacher was. After receiving the name and # we waited until the most opportune time to call the man...right before Kip's birthday. We called up Kip's hometeacher and told him that we wanted to send Kip a birthday present but didn't want it to arrive in the mail. We said that it would be a great experience for Kip to receive this wonderful birthday present on his doorstep just before his birthday and we asked if the HT could deliver the package for us. "No Problem!! I would love to be of help," he said. So Angie and I gift wrapped it and sent it to the HT who subsequently delivered the wrapped present on Kip's porch just before church. The best part of the story is that Kip immediately jumped on Cory and asked him if he looked at their ward list to find a contact that he could send it to. Sweet is the work.

Eat that y'all!

2 Comments:

At 3:16 PM, January 01, 2006, Blogger Kip said...

"old bitty"? That's definately not something I would say.

 
At 3:37 PM, January 01, 2006, Blogger MOAB said...

Well, I would HOPE not.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home