Sunday, March 06, 2011

TSA Nightmare!

Cory needs to write how he got the GCS before he gave it to me.



I was on one of my frequent visits to Phoenix last month, when I received a surprise. I didn't know it, but when Cory put my carry-on luggage in the car to take me to the airport, he stuck in the GCS. I was merrily going my way through the security checkpoint, when there seemed to be a disturbance in the x-ray machine area. I went through the scanner, and was waiting on the other side for my bag. They kept backing up the machine and looking again and again. The guy looking called over his supervisor, and he also looked.

Finally they decided to let the bag go through on the conveyor belt. But they called someone else and notified them that they would have to do a bag check. I was a bit surprised, but thought, "Oh well, what could I have to hide?"

The guy got my bag and put it on a table. He said to me, "Stand back, and don't try to touch anything in the bag while I am looking at it." Whatever, I thought. He unzipped the flap. There right on the top of my stuff was the GCS. I burst out laughing. He looked at it, picked it up, and said, "What is this!?" I didn't know how to explain it to him in brief, understandable and intelligent language. I said, sheepishly, "It's a Grilled Cheese Sandwich." He said, "It's a what?" I said it again, and I could see he didn't understand what I was saying, or at least believe me. He looked at me for an explanation. I tried to think of an easy way to explain it. After stumbling around for a few sentences, he finally accepted my description of why I had a moldy, resin-encrusted GCS in my luggage. I told him I didn't know it was even there, as my son had so kindly slipped it in before dropping me off at the airport.

He laughed, and said, "You never know what you're going to see at the airport!" Then he went back to his buddies at the x-ray machine, and told them what the mystery object was! They all looked at me, shook their heads, and laughed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home